MMS Reading Listmania is now accepting general submissions via email.
We are only accepting BOOK HOOKS that strictly adhere to the following requirements. Hooks must:
- Be 150-300 words;
- Be Original to this blog (the book must not already be featured here);
- Have an interesting style and tone (more than just plot summary);
- Be well-written with no spelling or grammatical errors; and
- Mention if the book is a sequel, has a sequel, or is part of a series.
For example hooks, please browse the fifty or so already posted on this blog. There are many approaches to writing a book hook.
REMEMBER: A book hook is like a short, written commercial for a book. Its main purpose is to “hook” the readers, i.e. to entice them to read the book. It is NOT a review; therefore, it contains no negative opinions or critiques. MMS Reading Listmania is a place for people to learn about highly recommended books so that they can choose what to read next!
The hook should be attached to an email as a Word document. The body of the email should contain the formal material of a cover letter:
- Salutation (e.g. “Dear Ms. Ryan”);
- Name and team of hook author;
- Title and author of the book; and a
- One-sentence description of the book, including genre.
Dear Ms. Ryan,
My name is Stephen Trent, and I’m on the Gold Team. I have attached a book hook for Sacred Scars by Kathleen Duey, which is not yet listed on the MMS Reading blog. It is a fantasy novel about a wizard academy, and is the sequel to Skin Hunger.
Thanks very much,
Please send submissions to Ms. Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions will be answered promptly.
Thank you for sharing your reading ideas!